HomeContact UsCORPORATE, SECURITIES, M&ALENDING & FINANCIAL LAWSREAL ESTATE & ZONINGAbout UsBlogs & ArticlesNews and EventsDisclaimerSite Map

The Money Transmitter Division of DBO licenses and regulates money transmitters, which includes issuers of payment instruments (money orders), travelers checks and stored value.

Some of the services we provide are:

  • Assistance in obtaining a money transmitter license from DBO.
  • Advice about laws and regulations that govern money transmission in California.
  • Representation of acquisition of control applicants.
  • Legal opinions concerning whether or not a money transmitter license is required for certain business models.
  • Assistance with FinCEN registration and filing of required reports.
  •  Corporation or LLC formation and drafting of organizational and corporate documents.
  •  Drafting of money transmission industry agreements.
  •  Mergers and acquisitions of money transmission businesses.